The benefits of reducing alcohol are boundless. For me it has improved my mental well-being – hangxiety was definitely something I suffered from and not drinking means that I have much more energy in the mornings and throughout the day. If you need a sobering read, click here and read the WHO report about alcohol. Okay now let’s focus on the benefits and get started. You can do this!
1. Improved Sleep: Alcohol can interfere with the sleep cycle, leading to poorer quality sleep. Cutting down on alcohol can lead to better
sleep, which has a range of health benefits.
2. Better Physical Health: Alcohol can have negative effects on various systems in the body, including the liver, heart, and digestive
system. Reducing alcohol consumption can improve physical health.
3. Improved Mental Health: Excessive drinking can lead to depression and anxiety. Reducing alcohol can lead to improvements in
4. Weight Management: Alcoholic drinks are often high in calories and can contribute to weight gain. Non-alcoholic alternatives like
Drinks Kitchen can help in managing weight.
5. Increased Energy Levels: Regular alcohol consumption can leave you feeling sluggish. Cutting down can boost your energy levels.
6. Financial Benefits: Alcohol can be expensive. Switching to non-alcoholic options can lead to significant cost savings over time.
Drinks Kitchen non-alcoholic aperitif 950ml make 38 drinks, up to 7.6 litres. They also work beautifully mixed with sparkling water
which is much cheaper than tonic and if you use a home carbonator, more environmentally friendly.
7. Improved Skin Health: Alcohol dehydrates the body and can lead to skin problems. Reducing alcohol can improve skin health.
I suffer from Roseacea and drinking alcohol really makes this flare up.
8. Healthy Lifestyle Choice: Choosing non-alcoholic alternatives is part of a growing trend towards healthier, more mindful living.
9. Variety and Taste: With Drinks Kitchen, you don’t have to compromise on taste when giving up alcohol. Explore the four non-
alcoholic variants that offer a unique and sophisticated taste experience.
10. Sustainable Choice: Not only are Drinks Kitchen’s products non-alcoholic, but they’re also more eco-friendly than many traditional
drinks, meaning you can enjoy them guilt-free.
You probably already knew about quite a few of these benefits of reducing alcohol but it might be helpful to write down which of these
mean the most to you and add any others that are important to you. For example, It might be so that you are more present and energetic for your kids or your partner. Look at the list daily and think about the best time to do that for you? It might be just before your finish work or start dinner – the time when you might think about reaching for that first glass of wine.